Monday, March 5, 2012

More Things from Winter 2012

I am finally feeling a bit of accomplishment as I am checking unfinished projects off my list.

Little by little.

First I remade my curtains in the living room into Roman Shades. This was always my intent for this fabric but, I needed to get to a point when I could actually work on them. So I whipped up these simple lined curtain to hang from clip rings.



I made my new set of curtains using rings instead of the using the tubing.



Using the tubing requires more machine sewing and I think that I like the results better. The new blinds turned out okay. Next time I will use the tubing.




The other project that I had been working on is learning to weave with The American Peg Loom. I purchased it from Dee Dee and Bill Greer of the Rivanna River Farm, LLC.
They have some of the most beautiful alpacas.



I love this loom. It is so easy to use and I have some great ideas for new projects.



Here is a picture of the yarn strands wrapped onto the pegs.


When the pegs are full simply lift the peg and slide the weft threads down onto the warp threads. Working on this loom is fast and easy. And it's portable.


Oh yeah, I also completed a sweater that I have been working on for hubby for about 5 (maybe 6) years. I finally realized that I was afraid that it wasn't going to turn out as nice as I had hoped. Once I got over that idea and accepted that it was going to be what it was going to be, I finished it. And it isn't as nice as I hoped but, you know what? I learned a lot working on it and next time it will be better. And maybe a button sweater. No really, hubby really has to tug to get this one over his head. Oh well.....

My next project to work on is a knitted tank top for myself and a quilted wall hanging/lap quilt for Bree that will incorporate all the beautiful fabrics collected from her birth place. Then I have knitted socks for myself and a bag from a pattern that I purchased from Sew Liberated and other clothes for the grand kids and toys for the grand kids and......well the list goes on and on.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you've really kept busy. Love your loom and curious to see what kind of projects you'll whip up with that thing.

    Also, can't wait to see what you will be making for Bree. I have a special gift coming your and your parent's way soon. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can't wait. I love her Thank you card. (So did my parents - like their's that is)

    ReplyDelete