Sunday, August 10, 2014

Has It Been That Long?

Wow! It has been quite some time since I have posted to this blog. Crazy. I have another blog that I planned on posting to regularly. Oh well.



I have been busy. Now I need to make more of these. (The Advent Garland, not the child) I have started one set. Now I have 5 grandchildren.

I have been sewing, A lot. I am teaching classes. I love sharing what I learn and I love to learn new techniques. I am currently taking a class in Victorian Corset making. I am really excited to learn fitting techniques. I know that I will be able to apply these new skills to all my sewing.

I made this shirt as a sample for the store and I am sending it off to one of my grandsons.


I made this christening dress for a customer at the store. She wanted her wedding dress to go to her grandchildren. 


I made some diaper covers for my aunt's great grand baby.A second or third cousin to me, I guess.


I made some 'beef cake' aprons for my daughters for Christmas.


I made some fabric business cards for myself. I really enjoyed these but, they are a lot of work for handing out randomly. I am on the look out for more cute sewing themed fabrics to make some more.


  I made a t-shirt for myself.


And a shirt (or two) for my hubby.


I made an umbrella. No kidding. It was so much fun and so cute! But, the laminated cotton stuck and broke the umbrella the second time that I used it. I was so upset.


I made a dress for myself. It's a Hummingbird from Cake Patterns. I really like this dress. It is very comfy. I tried to use the timer on my camera to take a picture of it. That is my 'is-this-timer-working' face. I finally purchased a remote for the shutter on my camera. I am still trying to master that too.


I designed a grocery tote from a plastic grocery bag. I added a pocket to the outside and another to the inside. I can use this tote when I go to the farmer's market and can carry my cash and car keys in the bag.


One of the classes I taught a couple of summers ago was this cute travel tissue holder.


  And I also taught a class on this travel game made out of felt. The kids who were in this class were all swim team kids and I thought that this would be a fun thing to make so they could take it to the swim meets with them.



 Fold it up and snap it shut.

So I have been busy. Just absent from the blog scene. And my computer crashed. That was a whole other story. I am still trying to retrieve my photos from that business.

At any rate, I am back and will get caught up really soon. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment